It seems that the "Extent of Castle's Castle's Illness Covered up by Local Media" story may be getting ready to go national. Since you are now a part of the story I need to ask you a couple of questions on the record.
1) Has anyone at the News Journal spoken with Michael Castle since the september 30th conference call?
2) Has any neurologist spoken with any News Journal reporter or editor regarding Michael Castle's condition?
3) Is Michael Castle's cardiologist still his medical spokesman?
4) If so has anyone from Castle's office given any rationale why a Cardiologist is playing this role?
5) Have you met with anyone at Gannett to discuss the News Journal's coverage of this story?
6) Is it the News Journal's editorial policy or Gannett's policy to down play the extent of Michael Castle's illness?
I'm not sure exactly when this is going to go national so thanks for getting back to me on this ASAP.
- jason Update:
I just called Wenk with similar questions. With 28 days to go until what is shaping up to be one of the most imprtant mid-term elections of our lifetime, it is naive of Elizabeth Wenk
to think that she could run out the clock and keep Castle's condition under wraps. The longer Wenk and Williams try to stonewall this, the more it reeks of a coverup. The Bottom Line:
There are important non-health realted questions that Castle must answer in the next 20 days. If he is not able to answer those questions - he is probably not fit to serve another term in office.