THIS IS NOT ->Delawareliberal

CHECK US OUT AT: http://delawareliberal.wordpress.com/

Monday, September 04, 2006

 

Governor & Lt. Governor Poll Results

Who should be the next Governor of Delaware ?

Karen Petersen 44%
Jack Markell 36%
John Carney 17%
Chris Coons 3%

AT this point I like Markell and he clearly has a ground game in place. I also like Petersen and clearly I am not alone. She has a lot of fans in the blogosphere (and in real life for that matter). She would certainly be a breath of fresh air in a race that could end up being to be all too predictable.

Who should be the next Lt. Governor of Delaware ?

Matt Denn 32%
Karen Petersen 23%
Peter Schwartzkopf 23%
Other 23%

Now this one was a surprise. I have no idea if Denn is interested in this. I put him in just because he is the hardest working guy in Delaware and (DLC affiliation aside) he is a great Democrat. However - I have since learned that there are probably another 5 or 6 Dems looking at this race. So this could turn into a real donnybrook. Ted Blunt could be one of those people and I'll include him in future tracking polls. As for the others - let me know who you are and I'll put you o the list.

Comments:
I really like Blunt for a top job in a state exectutive office. A Peterson Blunt ticket?
 
Karen Peterson is wonderful, but I am not shure she is ready for this step - she hasn't mastered her current position yet. She is also a little to quick to jump without first weighing all of the consequences.

Blunt - a good choice to send in that direction.

Carney and Markell - each is perfectly capable and will be welcome.

Personally - I would like to see Markell knock Castle out of office instead.
 
Sure Karen Peterson is nice, but I don't think Delawareans are ready for a female governor.
 
Personally - I would like to see Markell knock Castle out of office instead.

He missed his best shot this year.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   May 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]