THIS IS NOT ->Delawareliberal

CHECK US OUT AT: http://delawareliberal.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

Bush Brownshirt Battles "BUSHIT"

Driver fights ticket for bumper sticker

By CHANDLER BROWN
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

It was 9:30 on a recent Friday night when Denise Grier saw blue lights in her rearview mirror.

She pulled over on Chamblee-Tucker Road, unaware of her infraction.
"The officer asked if I knew I had a lewd decal on my car and I thought, 'Oh gosh, what did my kids put on my car?' "

As it turns out, the decal was an anti-Bush bumper sticker Grier slapped on her 2001 Chrysler Sebring last summer. The bumper sticker — "I'm Tired Of All The BUSHIT".

The officer "said DeKalb had an ordinance about lewd decals and wrote me a ticket" for $100, said Grier, an oncology nurse at Emory University Hospital who lives in Athens.

Grier said she thanked the officer — and vowed to see him in court.

"This is all about free speech," Grier said in a telephone interview Monday. "The officer pulled me over because he didn't agree with my politics. That's what this is about, not whether I support Bush, not because of the war in Iraq, but about my right to free speech."


I don't have an anti-Bush bumper sticker on my car. Now I might have to add one.

Comments:
I know, I know "Brownshirt" is over the top. I could not think of another "B" word that fit the bill.
 
There's always the tried-and-true "BUCK FUSH."

I was thinking of getting an FSM decal, but I'll just stick with my Darwin Fish.
 
Okay, not for nothing, but the woman had a bumper sticker with the word SHIT on it.
 
That was her mistake.

She should have had a picture of Calvin pissing on a Ford logo.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   May 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]