Please keep in mind that some conservatives are STILL basically libertarian in that they don't want the government getting too much power. Now read this: WASHINGTON, Feb. 7 A House Republican whose subcommittee oversees the National Security Agency broke ranks with the White House on Tuesday and called for a full Congressional inquiry into the Bush administration's domestic eavesdropping program.
The lawmaker, Representative Heather A. Wilson of New Mexico, chairwoman of the House Intelligence Subcommittee on Technical and Tactical Intelligence, said in an interview that she had "serious concerns" about the surveillance program. By withholding information about its operations from many lawmakers, she said, the administration has deepened her apprehension about whom the agency is monitoring and why.
Here is the thing. Heather A. Wilson is a Bush zombie. So how could this happen? Here is my theory.
1) Bush zombie Republican (BZR) Heather Wilson visits district.
2) BZR Heather Wilson hears angry conservative voters question her about surveillance programs.
3) BZR Heather Wilson is at first surprised and confused.
4) BZR Heather Wilson remembers that she works for voters first, then Bush.
5) BZR Heather Wilson returns to DC with "serious concerns".