My double secret source in the belly of the Delaware GOP leaked me this messed up invitation. "What A Guy!" An Evening for Laird Stabler
Please join us!
Please join us for a truly special and memorable evening as we pay tribute to W. Laird Stabler, Jr. -- an outstanding citizen, elected official, national committeeman, statesman -- and our friend! We are so very honored that former President George H. W. Bush will be joining us to take part in this evening of celebration, laughter, and sharing of Laird's achievements and contributions! I hope you wll (sic) help us make "What a Guy!" An Evening for Laird Stabler a very special evening.
"What A Guy!" An Evening for Laird Stabler
DATE: Friday, Jan. 27
TIME: 6:30 PM - reception, 7:30 PM - dinner
LOCATION: Hotel DuPont, Gold Ballroom
Cost: $175/person -- $1,000/Silver Sponsor ($1,250/couple) -- $5,000/Gold Sponsor
Click Here to reserve your tickets online or call Chris DuHadaway at 302-651-0260, ext. 1
Or make out your check to:
"An Evening for Laird Stabler"
P.O. Box 2905
Wilmington, DE 19805
Personal, corporate, and PAC checks are accepted.
Okay. Laird might be one heck of a guy, but count the number of screwy things going on in this invitation. I'll start:
1) "wll" Hey. I know I am the king of the typos, but c'mon GOP this is going out to your base, and they read. Umm. check that.
2) Jack Jurden graphic. 'Nuff Said.
3) "George H. W. Bush will be joining us to take part in this evening..." Please. Where is the Screw-Up-in-Chief? Laird only rates a video from a President who had his ass kicked by Bill Clinton?
4) "$5,000/Gold Sponsor" You know that is going to be the average donation. Especially when you read..
5) "PAC checks are accepted" Right. Here is the heart of it. But then again, who ever said the GOP was not a bunch of corporate whores?