I opened this can of worms, so I feel I should lay out the "Delawareliberal Voting Agenda"
in consice terms so there is no confusion.
In general elections:
1) I'm working for and voting for the Democratic ticket.
2) That means I am going to end up voting for some crappy Dems from time to time.
3) I will never EVER vote for a third party candidate out of "protest". That protest vote is a vote for the republican.
In primary elections:
1) I'm working for and voting for the more progressive candidate.
2) That means (over the long run) I will not have to vote for as many crappy Dems in the future.
I do this becuase the Democratic party is the party of civil rights, economic justice, firm and fair relations within the international community, and along with organized labor, a check on the rapacious greed of twentieth century capitalism. I'm voting the ticket to make sure it gets back to that.